HSF DATES TO REMEMBER
1 Apple fest set up
3&4 apple fest
21&22 Rochester snowmobile show
16 meeting & Christmas party
23 local snowmobile season starts
30 gates winter fun fest
As the snow is melting and the season is coming to an end there is still a lot of work to be done.
Trail needs to be removed, signs and stakes organized and summer equipment maintenance started and we need more people to help.
After enjoying this great season, it would be great if you helped in maintaining the trails.
Watch here and on the Facebook page for updates and upcoming work details
Keep up to date on Club Meetings, Trail Work Details and other important information with
Hilton Sno-Flyers text alerts
Just click the image below to register your phone to receive text message alerts from
The Hilton Sno-Flyers:
Or Text SNOFLYER to 84483
to receive Hilton Sno-Flyers Alerts
from Hilton Sno-Flyers
Message and data rates may apply.
Text HELP for help.
Text STOP to cancel alerts at any time.
For additional assistance,
For a lot of you this is second nature, but this may be of help to some of our other members, you veterans may even see something on this list you may have forgotten.
Pre-Season Preparation Check List
- Check the spring repairs list for necessary actions and take care of any problems noted
- Chassis check – Inspect track, track tension & alignment, track studs, skid frame & mounting bolts, hyfax, idler wheels & wheel
bearings, shocks & springs, steering system, skis & ski alignment, ski runners, tighten ski bolts, check all other fasteners, and repair as needed
- Engine check – Inspect throttle cables, choke cables, fuel filter, fuel line fittings, exhaust system springs, fan belt or coolant l level, spark plug wires & caps, starter rope & recoil action, remove exhaust block rags, and service or repair as needed
Check water level, charge up, and install battery
- Check drive chain tension and chain case oil level – add recommended oil if needed
- Grease all fittings – don’t forget the speedometer drive fitting under the driven clutch
- Clean faces of both clutches and install/replace drive belt – follow manufacturer’s recommendations on clutch lubrication & replace belt if 1/8-inch narrower than specification
- Add some fresh gas and run sled on jack stand to burn out storage oil in engine
- Check all lights and kill switch operation
- Check brakes for proper operation
- Install new properly gapped spark plugs
- Top off oil tank
- Add owner’s manual, tool kit, spare parts, and tow rope
- Apply new registration validation stickers
- Wash and wax snowmobile thoroughly
- Apply vinyl protectant to seat cover and soft plastics